[asterisk-users] Lightning and thunder (Claude Hayn

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 03:57:03 CDT 2011

On 27/07/11 19:41, Claude Hayn wrote:

> The office manager freaks out each time and starts randomly rebooting
> devices in no particular order including the UPS, PBX, Asterisk Gateway,
> firewall and router.

Ahh that old chestnut.  That's never a good thing, try to tell them not
to do this, although I know it's hard, I have customers who love to
reboot things too.

If it is the Asterisk system coming online too early causing problems on
the old PBX, does the UPS you are using have a power-on delay feature?
In some UPS you can set delays for various sockets on them.  Designed
for situations like this and also so everything doesn't try to power up
at once causing a power surge.

cheers,
Paul.