[asterisk-users] Connect asterisk to normal telephone PBX

michael k michael at inapp.com
Thu Jul 28 01:32:43 CDT 2011

Hello All,

I don't even know the relevancy of my question. Please answer me if my
question have some sense.

I have recently implemented an asterisk server with freepbx. I have created
100 extentions and i can make successful calls between extensions from
anywhere. But my office have three different land-line numbers and three of
them are terminating into an internal PBX ( normal matrix telephone PBX)
with more than 60 extensions. This internal PBX is the live PBX where we can
call local, STD and ISD from extensions.

At present i have some practical difficulties to configure telephone lines
at the end of asterisk PBX. So i am trying to connect my asterisk PBX to the
normal telephone PBX.

I have installed 1 port x100p FXO card  in my asterisk PBX and detected by
my freepbx. Then i removed my normal telephone extension cable from phone
and connected to the FXO  port of my asterisk PBX.

Ultimately my intention is that

1) if somebody call to my normal telephone extension, that should reach to
my asterisk server, and asterisk server should send this call to my asterisk
extension.
2) if i am calling from my asterisk extension, call should go to the normal
telephone PBX via FXO card in my asterisk server and ultimately the call
should send outside via the telephone PBX.

Is my approach is correct ? If it is wrong please somebody assist me to
connect my asterisk PBX to normal telephone PBX.

Michael.K