[asterisk-users] Securing Asterisk

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:09:23 CDT 2011

Only way to cope with hackers would be that Digium comes to its senses
and accepts to disable any response to a REGISTER whose username is
unknown.  I cannot think of a good reason why Digium finds this
proposal unacceptable, given the onslaught of hacking that we are
seeing in the industry. It may take a single line of code and it would
save millions of $$$. Not only because the hackers will never get in,
but because we would save a huge CPU impact responding to hundreds of
REGISTER attempts per minute. It is a NO brainer. Can please the
Powers that Be reconsider and add this option to sip.conf?
Please?