[asterisk-users] Why no traction for Windows version?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 26 06:32:33 CDT 2011

I think the real answer has mostly to do with the fact that no serious person, in their right mind, would run Windows in a server role in 2011.  Not unless their hands are tied by legacy systems or big-corporate IT logic.

Asterisk is firmly intended to run on servers.  It's not a desktop app.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC