[asterisk-users] Security questions

Flavio Miranda flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:09:47 CDT 2011

Hello everybody!

  I'd like to heard from those with more experience in Security if the following configuration is a good attempt to prevent hack:

exten => CALLER,2,Set(header=${SIP_HEADER(User-Agent)})
exten => CALLER,3,NoOp(Cabecalho ${header})
exten => CALLER,4,GotoIf($["${header}"= "My User Agent"]?6:7)

Considering I have only one type of IP phone in my scenario.

I know, somebody with another  IP phone will succeed in dial on my asterisk but I think it will limit at one only kind of IP phone.

My question is , if there are some way to break it and use any kind of User Agent despite this configuratio.

Att,

Flavio Roberto Miranda

MSN:flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Skype: flaviormiranda