[asterisk-users] Securing Asterisk - How to avoid sending, "SIP/2.0 603 Declined"

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:11:38 CDT 2011

Yeah, a 403 would still not be accepted. Thanks for the input.

So, what do you do with the firewall? You are suggesting just to allow
trusted parties and not others? Well, that is not possible in my case. Vast
number of scattered users all over the globe. I hate to think there is no
way to not announce ourselves as a SIP server to un-trusted users.

Or is there something else that can be done with the firewall to all
"dynamic" trust IPs and drop packets from unregistered sources?

Thanks again