[asterisk-users] 10.0.0 better than 2.0.0?

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Jul 22 16:26:59 CDT 2011

Kevin P. Fleming: The versions all go to ten. Look, right across the
board, ten, ten, ten and...

Asterisk Users: Oh, I see. And most open source projects upgrade to
two?

Kevin P. Fleming: Exactly.

Asterisk Users: Does that mean it's better? Is it any better?

Kevin P. Fleming: Well, it's eight better, isn't it? It's not two. You
see, most blokes, you know, will be running at two. You're on two
here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on two on
your software. Where can you go from there? Where?

Asterisk Users: I don't know.

Kevin P. Fleming: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that
extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Asterisk Users: Put it up to ten.

Kevin P. Fleming: Ten. Exactly. Eight better.

Asterisk Users: Why don't you just make two better and make two be the
top number and make that a little better?

Kevin P. Fleming: [pause] Asterisk goes to ten.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer