[asterisk-users] 10.0.0 better than 2.0.0?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 22 14:57:05 CDT 2011

Hi Tony,

On 07/22/2011 09:44 PM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I read Kevin's piece in asterisk-announce about the new numbering scheme,
> and saw in svn-commits some tagging of 10.0.0-beta1.

Totally missed that one. Just did a quick browse.

> Perhaps I'm thick (I hope not!), but I really can't see why calling the
> next version 10.0.0 is any better than calling it 2.0.0!

Don't think you are thick. There's no difference other than that 10
sounds more mature. So I'd say it's marketing L33tSp34k.

> I'm surprised not to have seen ANY talk in asterisk-users or aserisk-dev
> about it, since the announcement.

Frankly I could not care less about version numbers. Instead I prefer
stability, speedy bug fixes and new cool features. But 2.0.0 has my vote.

Regards,
Patrick