[asterisk-users] HELP - Client wants to reverse Asterisk Functionality

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jul 21 08:19:34 CDT 2011

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Thorsten
Göllner
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:50 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] HELP - Client wants to reverse Asterisk
Functionality

What does "but this didn't work" mean?

Am 20.07.2011 15:25, schrieb Danny Nicholas:

Hello,

            I’m putting Asterisk in to replace an existing IVR and that PBX
system uses * to terminate number input instead of #.  I thought it would be
a matter of simply making a new app_read that replaced \# with \* but this
didn’t work.  Any suggestions (besides bopping the client up side the head
for wanting this?).

I took apps/app_read.c in asterisk 1.4.37 (same source in all 1.4 modules
after that) and modified lines 71, 72 and 183 replacing # with * and save
the modified source as app_readstar.c.  I then did make menuselect and got
the new module app_readstar available for selection.  Selected it and built
Asterisk as normal.  In my dialplan I replaced Read(var,file,blah) with
Readstar(var,file,blah).  It gives the “right” message if you do core show
application readstar, but * does not terminate input as I had hoped/expected
it would.