[asterisk-users] Macro to Dial a Channel Group using Round-robin

Adolphe Cher-Aime acheraime at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:29:40 CDT 2011

Try using local  channel to accomplish that.
 by example  :

    you have 2  phones  in the group  and  want  to dial  those phones in
the following fashion. Dial phone 1  first  after 15 sec  if phone1 does
not  pickup  dial phone2 :

[group-call]
exten => group1,Dial(Local/phone1 at group-call&Local/phone2 at group-call, 30)

exten => phone1,1,Dial(SIP/100,15)
          same => n,Hangup()

exten => phone2,1,Wait(15)
          same => n,Dial(SIP/101)
          same => n,Hangup()

Hope that will  help.

"asterisk the definitive guide"

2011/7/20 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>

> **
> Good morning,
>
>     I am writing a Asterisk dialplan from scratch (for learning and testing
> purposes), but i'm having trouble with a algorithm to dial a SIP group using
> round-robin. I want that asterisk dial the member of the group in a circular
> way, until the call be answered. For example, i have the group
> TEST="SIP/1&SIP/2&SIP/3&SIP/4", asterisk would dial SIP/1, if it doesn't
> answer in a period of time then asterisk would dial SIP/2 and so on. Can
> somebody help me?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --

*Adolphe CHER-AIME
Network / VoIP  Engineer
CCNA, CCNA VOICE, Global VSAT Forum Certified
(509) 3449-4280*