[asterisk-users] Multiple Asterisk Sessions on same machine

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Wed Jul 20 01:31:44 CDT 2011

Two very simple solution for your problem:

1-Port redirection in iptables. This I have used for a year or plus and it
worked fine for me. I have redirected 1000 ports to a single port 5060 in
iptables and it worked smooth.

2-There is a script in asterisk source directory to compile portable
asterisk. You can compile asterisk as portable and copy compiled asterisk to
multiple locations/directories (as many instances you need). Each copy will
have its own configuration files where you can play as you like.

Regards,

Faisal Hanif