[asterisk-users] Time zone on phones

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:19:48 CDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 14:30 -0500, Warren Selby wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM, motty.cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Hello All,
>         I have asterisk server running on Centos, some of our users
>         are spreadout
>         throut the states. I want the time zone to reflect our users
>         repective time
>         zones. My questions is how to customize their timez zone
>         accordingly? Is
>         that done in sip.conf? or extensions.conf?
>
> Usually this is handled on the phone itself or within one of it's
> configuration files.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> --Warren Selby, dCAP
> http://www.SelbyTech.com

 Do you mean TZ on the devices, TZ on voicemail or ??

 In general, usually voicemail TZ is configured in voicemail.conf and
handled in realtime DB per user. Devices really depend on how you deploy
them. Set GMT for the configs. If you're setup is not realtime, then I'd
look to voip-info for examples on extensions.conf

S.