[asterisk-users] [1.4] Minimal installation?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Jul 19 09:27:41 CDT 2011

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mark Deneen
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:22 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] [1.4] Minimal installation?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr> wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to run Asterisk on an embedded device, where space is scarce.
It should be able to handle calls from a VoIP provider in SIP, calls
from the PSTN through Dahdi, and voicemail.

If someone's already done this, I'd like to know which
directories/files are required for a basic install?

Does this look right?
=================
/bin/asterisk

/etc/asterisk/
       asterisk.conf
       logger.conf
       modules.conf
       sip.conf
       extensions.conf
       voicemail.conf

/etc/init.d/asterisk

/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/

/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/moh -> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/moh
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/static-http/

/var/spool/asterisk/

Thank  you.

Where are you going to store the voicemail?  Could some of this space be
used for asterisk modules?

My .02 - FWIW, DAHDI will use almost as much space as the rest of Asterisk,
so you could save the space you don't have by forgoing that.