[asterisk-users] [1.4] Minimal installation?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 18 12:59:02 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 03:20:03PM +0200, Gilles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to run Asterisk on an embedded device, where space is scarce.
> It should be able to handle calls from a VoIP provider in SIP, calls
> from the PSTN through Dahdi, and voicemail.
>
> If someone's already done this, I'd like to know which
> directories/files are required for a basic install?
>
> Does this look right?
> =================
> /bin/asterisk

/usr/sbin , normally. But just the same.

> /etc/asterisk/
> 	asterisk.conf
> 	logger.conf
> 	modules.conf
> 	sip.conf
> 	extensions.conf
> 	voicemail.conf

Config files don't take that much space. Strip out comments and empty
lines from the "sample" config files. Something along the lines of:

  sed -i -e 's/;.*//' -e '/^ *$/d' /etc/asterisk/*.conf

> /etc/init.d/asterisk
>
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/

Be sure to only include the ones you need. Finding which exactly may be
tricky.

> /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/moh -> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/moh
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

Only the ones you need .

> /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/static-http/

If you actually use the asterisk httpd .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com