[asterisk-users] Compact, affordable x86 devices?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Jul 18 09:15:09 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hello
>
> I'd like to build a compact, affordable, fanless x86 solution to
> handle my home landline.
>
> I know about the following two platforms:
>
> 1. www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm
> alix1d + case 100€
>
> Does "Availability >500" mean that it's just not possible to buy just
> one item?
>
> 2. www.soekris.com/products.html?limit=all
> net4501-30 Board and Case $175.00
>
> Is the net4501 powerful enough to run Asterisk, considering that I'll
> use an external VoIP gateway to connect it to my landline?
>
> Are there other manufacturers I should know about?

You may be interested in the 'Blackbochs' SBC available here***:

http://www.rockbochs.com/products/blackbochs-sbc

--Tim

***Disclaimer: I work for the company offering this product. My intention is not to SPAM the list with adverts, etc, but rather to provide a useful answer within context of the OP. :)