[asterisk-users] FAX with SIP

Eduardo Carpes carpes at bsd.com.br
Mon Jul 18 08:24:59 CDT 2011

So Steve
I looked this, but, i didn't understood the difference between enable "T.38"
and "T.38 Gateway", this site "ttp://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/T.38" talk
--"Asterisk *1.6* support G.711 and T.38 FAX origination and termination.
T.38 gateway features are still in development. "--
I know that Asterisk 1.10-beta1 already work with T.38 gateway, but the ask
is, i need T.38 gateway to fax works? and how i know if T.38 is enable?
I put on sip.conf and sip_general_custom.conf the following entry...
t38pt_udptl=yes
Is right?

Thank you!!

2011/7/18 Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com>

> On 18 July 2011 12:20, Eduardo Carpes <carpes at bsd.com.br> wrote:
> > Hello guys
> > I need some help to do works FAX using SIP, anybody know the secret to
> > this? Have asterisk 1.6.
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > --
> > Enviado do meu celular
> >
> > Eduardo Carpes
> > E-mail: carpes at bsd.com.br
> > www.freebsd.org
>
> The magic sauce that you need is "T.38" - Asterisk 1.6 supports this
> to a limited degree, and your ITSP will need to support it.
>
> The sip.conf.sample file and the voip-info wiki has all the
> information you need to try it out.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
>
> --