[asterisk-users] Redirecting call from one E1 to another?

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Fri Jul 15 07:32:23 CDT 2011

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I don't want just to relay the call through to the second box using
> IAX or SIP or an additional PSTN channel. What I would like to do is
> to redirect the call in the PSTN so that it ends up connected only to
> the second box.

Doug wrote:
If I recall correctly, it's only possible if the provider has a DMS-100

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/RDNIS

I don't think Tony wants to "redirect" the call in that sense. His first
server has answered the call, then wants to transfer it to the other server.

I would suggest Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT), transferring to a unique
number (received as DNIS by the other server) that would identify the call
as transferred from the first server and, perhaps, the reason for the
transfer.

It looks like TBCT may not have been implemented in Asterisk for EuroISDN.

--Don

Don Kelly

PCF Corp
People Come First