[asterisk-users] dialplan: all extern, except

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Fri Jul 15 03:02:46 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Perhaps a no-brainer, but i think i am making my dialplan on my proxy
too complicated.

Normally, what you find in the examples is that you have to dial a
specific number, other "9" or "0" for an external line.

What i want to do is this:
If you pre-pend a number with something like "*" then you can dial local
defined numbers, otherwise everything goes through my iax-trunk-line.

So for instance:
"*#1" gives you a local welcome text
"*#2" gives you the local echo function

while
"#1" gives you a remote welcome text
"#2" gives you the remote echo function

And ordinary numbers or sip's go straight extern:
"0174539053" or "j.witvliet at a-domani.nl" should go to my main
asterisk-server.

Currently i'm doing it pattern-matching all numbers, and each upper
+lower case character, but i wonder if it can be done simpler.

Hans