[asterisk-users] cseq decreasing => 500 Server Error

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Jul 14 08:46:08 CDT 2011

Hello

We have quite a strange phenomena in a genband c3 <=> asterisk 1.6.2.15 SIP
interconnection. (also reproduced with an 1.8 asterisk)

The Sequence:

c3 => Asterisk

Let's assume X < Y

We get:

> INVITE (cseq X)
< 403 Unauthorized (cseq X)
> INVITE+AUTH (cseq Y)
< ACK (cseq Y)
< TRYING (cseq Y)
< 180 Ringing (cseq Y)
< 200 OK (cseq)

Not the C3 sometimes sends lower cseq on the second invite (X > Y) and for an
identical invite we get:

> INVITE (cseq X)
< 403 Unauthorized (cseq X)
> INVITE+AUTH (cseq Y)
< 500 Server Error

We analyzed about 50 calls of which about half resulted in a 500 Server Error.
The only common thing with those who failed was cseq of the second invite
being lower than the first.

From my point of view, this should not be a problem as the second call should
be independent.

Any others observing this problem or able to explain this observation?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Benoit Panizzon
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -