[asterisk-users] Extension wise dialplan

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 03:54:32 CDT 2011

On Thursday 14 Jul 2011, mahesh katta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have n no. of extensions in my dialer. from 456 to 556 extensions. I was
> created 2 other extensions 667 and 668  I need to allow  only STD calls to
> go from this extensions.
> These all extensions are same context . I need to define the STD dialplan
> for only this 2 extensions. how I can ?

Use separate contexts.  That's kind of what contexts are *for*.

If you really, really have to use one context for everything  (Why?  Look into
changing this, because it is limiting you severely),  then you will just have
to use conditionals based on the originating extension number.  But be
warned:  It really won't look pretty  (not that dialplans ever do look
pretty);  and when  (not if)  you come to add more extensions with STD, then
it *will* get uglier.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.