[asterisk-users] How to Hang up a stale SIP channel?

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 04:35:10 CDT 2011

Hi

We're using asterisk 1.8.3.2 and are finding incidences of stale
channels remaining after both parties have hung up. We have tried to
hang the channel up using

channel request hangup

But by it's definition, it will not work as it only executes the hangup
as soon as the the channel is written to or read from but as the channel
is stale, it will not be written to or read from so the command will not
instigate the hangup.

Does anyone know of any way we can hangup a stale channel via the
console?

Thanks in Advance

Ish
--