[asterisk-users] Park/VoiceMail on DAHDI congestion

Chris - Ronell Africa chris at ronellafrica.com
Tue Jul 12 10:40:02 CDT 2011

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to implement the following for days but with no success,
any help would be greatly appreciated

My asterisk box gets calls from the SIP interface and forwards to the DAHDI
interface for example

--sip.conf-

[smycontext]

type=friend

host=xxx

fromuser=xxx

context=mycontext

disallow=all

allow=g729

allow=g723

allow=ulaw

allow=alaw

--extensions.conf-

[mycontext]

exten => _0.,1,Dial(dahdi/g11/${EXTEN})

This works well, until the DAHDI channel gets filled up. and I get the error

[Jul 12 18:31:20] WARNING[7476]: app_dial.c:2041 dial_exec_full: Unable to
create channel of type 'dahdi' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

[Jul 12 18:31:25] WARNING[7477]: app_dial.c:2041 dial_exec_full: Unable to
create channel of type 'dahdi' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Now what I want is:

1.       When the DAHDI channel group is filled up, I want to park the call
somewhere (put it on hold and play some music or message)

2.       When a DAHDI channel gets free connect the parked call by  dial the
channel and bridge the two calls.

3.       The parking should be first in first out

If this is impossible I want to send all calls to one voice mailbox, take a
message and hang up

I have not put what I have tried here because I don't want to bias the
reply's I'll get

Any help?

Thanks!

Chris