[asterisk-users] Monitoring connection to VoIP provider?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Jul 12 02:42:23 CDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:32:08 +0500, "Faisal Hanif" <faisal at vopium.com>
wrote:
>Community can help you better if you provide some details about you scenario
>and requirement.

It's a very simple scenario: The Asterisk server is connected to a
VoIP provider for calls to the PSTN, and I'd like to have Asterisk (or
some other app) monitor the connection so that I can tell how good it
is at any time, especially before calling out or receiving a call.

The VoIP provides doesn't support any tool, eg. iperf.

Is tracert/ping the only tools available in that scenario?

Thank you.