[asterisk-users] skype for asterisk usage in the future

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:48:08 CDT 2011

hi:
   I am a SFA (skype for asterisk) user. I had ask Digium questions
about SFA usage in the future. but they seem too busy to reply. so I
tried at this list. I hope there are SFA users or Digium people can
solve my confusion.

1. SFA can not be registered after 26 July. so I want to prepare a
backup machine for our server. I read in the document that I can
re-register my SFA once. so I want to make sure if I can re-register with
my backup server now, and in the same time my production machine still
function correctly. and if my production machine is broken one day, my
backup machine can go on line. in short: can I keep two machines with one
license now? I hope so because I can not re-register later after 26 July.

  2. I saw SFA will not be supported after two years. my question is:
although it is not supported, can I still use it? I want to buy more
licenses now if I can still use it after two years even without official
support.

  thanks a lot for your kindly help!!

Regards,
tbskyd