[asterisk-users] How to create a module

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jul 11 16:17:42 CDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Miguel Molina wrote:

> Just curious... have you timed this to demonstrate?

What? You want to confuse the issue with facts?!?

I did the comparison a really long, long time ago so I thought I should do
it again. I'll post the results as a new, more relevant thread.

The 'quick take away' is that C is probably a couple of hundred times
faster than Perl in a really slow environment like a Soekris net4801.

On more modern gear, the ratio falls to 30 to 100 times faster.

--
Thanks in advance,