[asterisk-users] Meetme not prompting for PIN

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jul 11 11:47:53 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> I've been searching the Jira issue tracker and found a ticket:
>>

> What I ended up doing was to copy the app_meetme.c out of the 1.4.30 source
> and compiled it into my current Asterisk setup.  I now have PIN prompts.
>

> Doug
>

> --
>
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I was going to suggest either comparing the code or doing what you did.

I hope you test it well, my guess is it should be fine.  What is documented
as far as the changelog between the two versions?

That should give you an idea if there are security issues, or locking, or
whatever.  The code was changed for a reason.  I thought the 1.4.X was EOL
except for security (and possibly bug fixes?)