[asterisk-users] New VirtualBox Beta Has PCI Pass-Through Support

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 9 12:45:48 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> > Can you say a Virtualized Asterisk with a PRI card!
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTY0OQ
> >
> > Doug
>
> Not trying to start a war here, but I thought Xen VM server has been
> able to do this for a while now?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> --Warren Selby, dCAP
> http://www.SelbyTech.com

To my way of thinking, none of this is ready for production.  I refused to
even waste time labbing any of it up, but now it seems that after a couple
of years of people testing and tinkering, we are on the verge of VMs rather
metal boxen, in production.

I am cutting edge but still use sound and proven hardware and software
configurations.  This stuff is bleeding edge, but I think the edge is
finally getting dull enough to deserve some of my time.

The more and disparate ways of trying to make something solid and ready for
real world usage the better.

Each failure is a stepping stone to success.
http://thephantomwriters.com/free_content/db/j/the-steppingstone-to-success.shtml

Just because one project can already do something doesn't mean that are are
not other roadblocks yet to be seen.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro