[asterisk-users] Issue 0019268 Patch Asterisk

Mark Rosedale mrosedale at oreilly.com
Fri Jul 8 10:01:27 CDT 2011

So in troubleshooting a different issue I'm having I decided to upgrade one of my backup servers to 1.8.4.4 instead of running on the svn branch. Ultimately this is where I'd like to be in the end.

However, I'm having one issue that seems to be related to this ticket (https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=19268).

Any outbound long distance call has no ring. Basically you hear silence until the phone is connected. This was one of the things that pushed us to the svn branch in the first place. However, I noticed that they have a patch.

wget 'https://issues.asterisk.org/file_download.php?file_id=29388&type=bug' -O - | patch -p0

This is not working the source code of 1.8.4.4. I assume that the patch is for a different version. Any ideas about how to apply this patch to 1.8.4.4 so that I can avoid using the svn branch?

This is the error I'm getting
patching file channels/sig_pri.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 5500.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file channels/sig_pri.c.rej

Thanks,
mjr