[asterisk-users] timeout with outbound calls

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Fri Jul 8 07:33:24 CDT 2011

pbx*CLI> core show application dial

  -= Info about application 'Dial' =-

[Synopsis]
Attempt to connect to another device or endpoint and bridge the call.
[snip]
    L(x[:y[:z]]):
        x - Maximum call time, in milliseconds
        y - Warning time, in milliseconds
        z - Repeat time, in milliseconds
    Limit the call to <x> milliseconds. Play a warning when <y> mill
    iseconds are left. Repeat the warning every <z> milliseconds until time
    expires.
    This option is affected by the following variables:
        ${LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER}:
            yes
            no
            If set, this variable causes Asterisk to play the
            prompts to the caller.
        ${LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLEE}:
            yes
            no
            If set, this variable causes Asterisk to play the
            prompts to the callee.
        ${LIMIT_TIMEOUT_FILE}:
            filename
            If specified, <filename> specifies the sound prompt
            to play when the timeout is reached. If not set, the time remaining
            will be announced.
        ${LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE}:
            filename
            If specified, <filename> specifies the sound prompt
            to play when the call begins. If not set, the time remaining will
            be announced.
        ${LIMIT_WARNING_FILE}:
            filename
            If specified, <filename> specifies the sound prompt
            to play as a warning when time <x> is reached. If not set, the