[asterisk-users] Problem in Detecting Dtmf on FXO line.

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:58:14 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I am having Problem in detecting DTMF on analog lines. basically are system
is in india and telco provider is BSNL [Bharat sanchar Nigam LImited].

We have Purchased Analog card From chinaroby.com which is X1600P 16 port
FXO  card. they also provide us wctdm.c file.

card is detected successfully, incoming and outgoing calls scenario is also
fine.

we are unable to receive dtmf properly it means there is some digit are
missing when we receive dtmf the ratio of sucess is about to 70% and 30% of
calls are getting wrong dtmf .

Dahdi version is 2.3.0.1 and asterisk version 1.6.0.24

I load module using
modprobe wctdm opermod=INDIA cidbeforering=1 cidbuflen=1
fixedtimepolarity=16

here id  chan_dahdi.conf.

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=from-zaptel
signalling=fxs_ks
busydetect=yes
busycount=4
;rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
cidstart=polarity_in
cidsignalling=dtmf
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
callprogess=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
;cid_rxgain=5.0
relaxdtmf=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
toneduration=500
;answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
;polarityonanswerdelay=1000

group=0
channel => 1
;channel => 2
;channel => 3
;channel => 4
;channel => 5
;channel => 6
;channel => 7
;channel => 8
;channel => 9
;channel => 10
;channel => 11
;channel => 12
;channel => 13
;channel => 14
;channel => 15
;channel => 16

Also set tonezone = in in system.conf, tried many solutions and changed so
many parameters of chan_dahdi.cong but still i am not getting successful
result.

Please share your comments if anyone have idea for india specific region .

Regards
Dhaval