[asterisk-users] Anybody doing PRI over IP?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Jul 7 16:17:34 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> There is a “T1 over Ethernet” scheme that runs a T1 over Ethernet, Up
> all the time. It consumes 1.5 +/- megs 24/7.
>
> I would suspect that was what was being offered.

Wow, that sounds horrifically inefficient. *MAYBE* keep the D channel open all the time if necessary, but what about all the channels that are not in use? Just waste 64k for each channel just because?

Do you have any information on this technology, or the name of the vendor that offers it? You've piqued my interest. :)

--Tim