[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian / Sparc taking up 95%+ CPU with No calls on the system

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:56:52 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 07:11:26AM -0400, A E [Gmail] wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> >wrote:

> rolled
> remember
> > >
> > > Just press ctrl-c .
> > >
> > haha I did that but since that I did a 100 other things in my ssh window
> > which is only buffered for 5000 lines and those messages have gone past.
>
> If the process / thread is in a loop, the messages tend to repeat
> themselves.
>
> Also: anything interesting in /var/log/asterisk/messages ?
>
> Yup, it surely was in some funky loop...and I wouldn't be surprised if it
was looping to check if the channels were hungup or not and ended up taking
up the entire CPU....I should've tried to just kill that thread with its PID
and seen if the operation returns to normal.

No, unfortunately nothing interesting found in the logs, other than the
indication that when I tried to reload using "core reload" it was actually