[asterisk-users] OT - Polycom - 2 localization file versions on the same TFTP server

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 5 12:47:08 CDT 2011

Hi,

Using Polycom's Master configuration file, I could not find any convenient
way to store 2 different versions of the same localization file on the same
TFTP server.
Did I miss something ?

What I would like is to have both files under TFTP root
versionA/SoundPointIPLocalization/French_France/SoundPointIP-dictionary.xml
versionB/SoundPointIPLocalization/French_France/SoundPointIP-dictionary.xml

and tune [MAC_ADDRESS].cfg files so that each phone appropriately download
relevant SoundPointIP-dictionary.xml file.

I could find a hack creating my own fake language (for instance
French_France_FooBar) but it seems rather complex and it may break with
future upgrades.
Another hack is to create another TFTP server on the same machine.

Regards