[asterisk-users] How to without GUI

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:59:45 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
>                     I’ve got a CISCO SPA3102 that I want to set up.  My
> environment is not favorable for using the Asterisk GUI interface – does
> anybody have step by step how to set up a SIP trunk just by editing
> <shudder> sip.conf?
>

> Thanks in Advance
>
> Danny Nicholas

from http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/trunk/configs/sip.conf.sample

;--- sample definition for a provider
;[provider1]
;type=peer
;host=sip.provider1.com
;fromuser=4015552299              ; how your provider knows you
;remotesecret=youwillneverguessit ; The password we use to authenticate to them
;secret=gissadetdu                ; The password they use to contact us
;callbackextension=123            ; Register with this server and
require calls coming back to this extension
;transport=udp,tcp                ; This sets the transport type to
udp for outgoing, and will
;                                 ;   accept both tcp and udp. Default
is udp. The first transport
;                                 ;   listed will always be used for
outgoing connections.

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~