[asterisk-users] participants redirection between conferences

Javaid ITEL nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:10:46 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I am doing a project in which we will have, say 5 participants in a
conference talking to each other. Now suppose if a participant wants
to do a private chat with any other participant, then how could he
move that particular participant to another chat room even if they
don't know each others number?
I have tried n-way call from voip-info.org but that is not of my use
as it is for taking 3rd person in conference by dialing his number and
moving to conference where initial both callers are redirected using
ChannelRedirect.

What do i need to do..should I detect an active talker and redirect
him in an empty conference or something else? what are the options?

Please help .... a little example will be a tremendous blessing. (any
changes to be done in asterisk source will also be of help)
waiting desperately for your comments.

Best Regards,

Nasir Javaid
Asterisk Engineer