No subject

Mon Jan 10 01:51:56 CST 2011

From: Steve Totaro [mailto:stotaro at totarotechnologies.com]=20
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:11 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] What is the most stable version of asterisk?

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Douglas Mortensen <doug at impalanetworks.co=

Impala Networks Inc
CCNA, MCSA, Security+, A+
Linux+, Network+, Server+
.
www.impalanetworks.com
P: (505) 327-7300
F: (505) 327-7545

Callweaver? =A0 http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CallWeaver.=A0 I believe=
 they forked somewhere in the 1.2 release.=A0 Many features ahead of Asteri=
sk.

Although I didn't see anything on FreeSwitch stating anything anything abou=
t deadlocking, I know that was one of the main reasons for BKW, as seasoned=
 asterisk developer and folks to start from scratch.=A0 That and the hybrid=
 dual license in Asterisk.

http://www.sofaswitch.org/docs/How%20does%20FreeSWITCH%20compare%20to%20Ast=
erisk.pdf

Read the whole piece.=A0 I know it isn't Asterisk but BKW who contributed a=
nd I believe is still helping Asterisk

Besides, I feel that FreeSwitch is the most stable.

I like 1.2 so I went with Callweaver for many installations.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro=20