[asterisk-users] Disabling Music On Hold

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jan 31 06:24:40 CST 2011

On 01/31/2011 02:06 AM, Urs Buob wrote:

> On 01/28/2011 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>  >
>  > behavior regarding hold/unhold of endpoints; if you want Asterisk to
> pass
>  > through hold/unhold indications over SIP, unfortunately it can't do
>  > that yet... although most of the code has been written, it has not quite
>  > been finished.
>
> Hello Kevin,
>
> thanks a lot for this information.
>
> Is it planned that this feature will get finished at some point?

I am not aware of this work being on anyone's plans, but of course it's
not possible to know what community members will be working on in the
future. There has not been any significant amount of demand for this
feature to be finished from the user community to my knowledge.

> Would it be appropriate to write up an issue so that this is being tracked?

Not really, no, because it's not a bug, and 'feature request' issues
without patches attached to implement the feature are usually closed
rather quickly (since there are over 700 open issues already, they
wouldn't be likely to get attention very soon).

> PS: on the wiki page
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page_id=400under canreinvite
> there is a small statement that refers to this case: "If a reINVITE is
> needed to switch a media stream to inactive (when placed on hold) or to
> T.38, it will still be done, regardless of this setting! "

Well, that statement is not false, even if there isn't currently a way
to cause that part of the behavior to be triggered :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com