[asterisk-users] How to update sound files?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jan 28 15:19:28 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Warren Selby
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 3:16 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] How to update sound files?

Turn up the verbosity on your console, play a sound file then paste the
output in a reply.

Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP

On Jan 28, 2011, at 4:27 AM, ????????? ??????<s.sikorsky at lanet.ua> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've updated sound files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds and restarted
Asterisk, but it still plays old ones. I've removed old files completely
then, but still no effect. I've searched for some cahce files, but didn't
find any of them.

> So, could you tell me please, what is an appropriate way to update my
sound files? :) Thanks.

> Asterisk 1.6.1.20

AIR, the default location of the sound files was (optionally?) relocated in
1.6+

Refer to this wiki
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+multi-language