[asterisk-users] A1200P comments?

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Jan 28 12:46:54 CST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 14:22 -0700, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any good/bad comments on the A1200P 12-port fxo/fxs
> card from OpenVox?
>
> I'll be using one to with 8-12 fxo interfaces.  The cards will be
> plugging into a cable-modem / phone adapter.  We weren't able to port
> the numbers, so we're going to use the existing PSTN connection and
> replace all of the office phones.
>
> With these short distances, will I need to worry about echo?  Do these
> devices have echo cancellation?

	The A1200P does not have hardware EC, you will have to use software.
The card works quite well but you have to avoid using a server with an
NVIDIA chipset like the plague.  OpenVox cards are alergic to those
chipsets so try using Intel and you will be fine.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001