[asterisk-users] Queue - agent auto-answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Jan 27 13:06:40 CST 2011

> > Is there any way to have queue member interface answer automatically?
> > Basically when agentA is called, his phone picks up with no
> > intervention from his part? (assuming of course he’s available and not
> > on the phone, and not paused).
> >

> > I already manage this with the Page application (using exten =>
> > s,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)) and Polycom phones.  But
> > how do I do this for calls that are handled by the Queue application?
> >

> I believe all you need to do is to do the same thing just before running
> the Queue command...checking

And that is indeed correct.  I had tried that of course, but by calling
line1 of my phone with line2 of the same phone.  What did I expect...

So after reading your email I had a facepalm moment and tried it properly,
and it works.  Unfortunately it seems that this can be done per queue, but
not per agent, but that'll work for my purposes.

Mike