[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 05:35:05 CST 2011

On Thursday 27 Jan 2011, Gilles wrote:

> I had another idea: It'd be cool if the application could either just
> display CID information, or also search Outlook for a matching Contact
> and open the relevant page so that the user can review/add information
> for that person. Poor man's CRM :-)

.....  And this is where you hit the proprietary wall.  TTBOMK there isn't a
published API to do this sort of thing in Outlook.

There is almost certainly a secret API that only Microsoft know about; but if
and when that hidden API gets leaked, you can bet it will be used for
malicious purposes by someone.

You would do much better in the long run to look at replacing Outlook with
some Open Source alternative -- and sooner, rather than later.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.