[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

Magnus Persson magnus at westel.se
Thu Jan 27 01:46:11 CST 2011

Gilles skrev:
> Hello
>
> 	I'd like to display CID information on users' monitor running
> Windows.
>
> I know I can run a script through the dialplan to send a datagram that
> is picked up Impulse Technology's free NetCID (www.imptec.com), but
> I'd rather use an open-source solution.
>
> An alternative would be to use a Windows application that would
> connect to Asterisk's AMI. I don't know if multiple clients can
> connect simultaneously and each be notified of incoming calls.
>
> There may be yet other ways to do what I want.
>
> Are there open-source solutions you could recommend?
>
> Thank you.

Hi Gilles,

If you want someting really light weight there is always the old
winpopup protocoll.

For example: smbclient -M NETBIOSNAME < text.txt (on linux)

I am unsure about support in later versions of Windows but up to at
least win2000 this pops up a simple message box on the windows machine
remotely.

/Magnus