[asterisk-users] res_fax

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Wed Jan 26 16:16:27 CST 2011

 From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:52 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] res_fax

On 01/26/2011 03:14 PM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:

> Is there a way for me to force t.38 off for a call but to allow t.38 for
> other calls. What I am thinking is if a t.38 fails to flag the next call
> from that number to g711 audio. This would at least let me work arround
> the issue for now where t.38 fails with some endpoints but not others
> and the g711 audio will work. The issue I am seeing is it appears that
> with some endpoinds on Level 3 that the t.38 tunnel comes up fine but no
> fax data starts flowing but this only is happening with faxes coming
> from some Cisco gateways sending out via PRI using t.30

No, unfortunately there isn't a way to do that that I can see. It
wouldn't be terribly hard to add to res_fax.c, but I don't think we ever
thought of doing that before.

 With out this I have no way to force the fall back then and the faxes will
always fail in this case because t38 successfully negotiates.. Do you have
any other ideas?
If I pick arround in the source what might it take to add another option to
the ReceiveFAX to only do g711 audio? Is this somthing that I could get
submitted back into the tree if I can figure it out?

Thanks
Bryant