[asterisk-users] Pickup local/.... not working

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Wed Jan 26 15:04:53 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 05:38 PM, Sherwood McGowan wrote:
> I think you're missing something in your explanation... the code
> represented in your email shows no reason for a Local channel to be
> recreated. Goto commands do not result in Local channel creation, nor
> does the Dial command

Well, what happens is a call to a certain number. There is a check to
see if it's a number known to the Asterisk-system. If not, it goes to
the SIP provider. If so, it stays internal.

My code was relatively short, I know.

This is the check that happens :

/exten => s,n,GoSub(CheckOnNet,${DIALEDNUMBER},1) ; check if know
locally. If not, continue to next line.
exten => s,n,Dial(${TRUNKOUT}/${DIALEDNUMBER})/

CheckOnNet check if the number is known to the local system, if so then
this rule is executed :

/[CheckOnNet]
exten => _329596,1,GoTo(newcontext,329596,1)/
; if not known locally, then exit this sub
/exten => _XXXXXXXX.,1,NoOp()
exten => _XXXXXXXX.,n,Return()/

newcontext then dials 1 or more SIP peers. Therefor Asterisk creates new
SIP-channels to each of these SIP peers, but the "old" original channel
is named "Local/...".

When I then try to pick up one of those SIP peers that are being called,
it fails.
I guess it fails because the channel that has to be picked up is a
"Local/..." channel.

So is it possible to pick up a "Local/..." channel ? If not, how to come
passed this ?

Kind regards,
Jonas.