[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Wed Jan 26 13:40:37 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Tom Rymes <trymes at rymes.com> wrote:
> Ooh. I like this. Can you post a sample, or maybe a synopsis of what pieces
> you are using to tie this all together?

I have a two processes - one to notify on an internal incoming call,
one to notify on tickets (both on incoming and outgoing calls).

The notify on incoming call just does the basic CID information.  I
have a dialplan line like:

exten => _XXX,1,System(/usr/local/bin/notify_incoming_cid.pl ${EXTEN}
"${CALLERID(NUMBER)}" "${CALLERID(NAME)}" &)

This is a Perl script that reads a text file listing extension # and
Jabber ID associations, and, if it finds an association, calls a
second Perl script to send a Jabber notification, using Net::Jabber.

In addition to this, any time a call is placed, a line like the
following executes:

exten => _X.,n,System(/usr/local/bin/notify_it_jira_users.pl
${CALLERID(NUMBER)} ${ext} &)

This script uses a similar method to above, but only generates a
notification if a Jira (our ticketting system) user ID associated (via
another text file) with a phone number is a "reporter" on any open
Jira issues (it does this via a web query to our ticketting system).
If this user is a reporter, the other leg of the call (whether
incoming or outgoing) gets a IM with a link to the specific issues
along with the summary of each issue.

For instance, if someone calls the IT department, they'll get
something like this:

---
303-555-0010 John Smith
---
CALL FROM jsmith WITH TICKETS:
http://jira/IT-1010 - Cannot log into VPN
http://jira/IT-1020 - Computer making strange sounds
---

If they don't have any open tickets, they won't get the second message
listing tickets.

We can generate the text files this solution uses automatically by
looking at our phone list database and our customer database in a Cron
tab (it would be possible to query directly the database, but this was
simpler to implement in an afternoon).