[asterisk-users] ReceiveFAX issue.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 26 12:51:25 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 10:27 AM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> Has anyone else seen an issue with t.38 faxing on Level 3 with res_fax
> and res_fax_spandsp.so
>
> What we are seeing in the packet captuers is that the call is trying to
> do t.38 but does not appear to be completing the handshaking. No data is
> being transmitted. I have included a link to my pcap of this. Can anyone
> give me some more insight?
>
> cap-t38.pcap
> <http://webmail.zktech.com/public/downloadfile.aspx?f=ulHIhepag5qoKm0cTUmljmT%2f7YCcOPvzlyZcnZg%2fG2B25W%2fsSr6Uwbu%2bET3kbKw84pTJjtuqrPQ%3d>

res_fax_spandsp (and res_fax_digium) are not involved with T.38
negotiation; that is handled by res_fax and chan_sip. As I've posted in
the other thread you started, please post a complete Asterisk log
capture so that we can see what Asterisk tried to do and what the
results were. That is more useful than a packet capture, at least for
the initial debugging steps.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com