[asterisk-users] Regarding error in Asterisk dail plan:

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Wed Jan 26 10:55:34 CST 2011

 From: "viswavardhanreddy karna" <viswavardhanreddy at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:29 AM
To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: [asterisk-users] Regarding error in Asterisk dail plan:

Hi all,          i am doing my master thesis on server perfromance
evaluation i am using asterisk as sip proxy server and sipp tool as traffic
generator...
 i have run basic testing of asterisk like as shown in website
http://sipp.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Howto_test_an_Asterisk_server_usi
ng_SIPp

 when i have copied sip.conf and extensions.conf from the site and run the
client and server i am getting error like this
 NOTICE[2715]: chan_sip.c:20314 handle_request_invite: Call from '' to
extension 'service' rejected because extension not found in context
'default'
 i dont know y this is coming its really troubling me a
lot...................................

 please any one send me some xml, dial plan and sip.conf files for
registering and for inviting. I have been trying for this a lot if any one
help me i would be more thankful .....

 BR viswavardhanreddy
-------------------------------------

viswavardhanreddy
Your inbound request is not being sent with any target context or it is not
matching the ip found in your sip peers. This causes the default context to
trying and handle the call and you don't have anthing in it that can
complete the call.
The three options are
    1 if you are doing registration make sure that the sending device is
specifiying a context. (It does not look like you are based on your link)
    2 make sure that the sending ip matches your peer account or change the
peer account to friend (also change your peers to use insecure=port,invite
and see if that helps)
    3 add a universal handler to the [default] contect to direct the call
to your test contects (exten => _.X,1,Goto(test,s,1)

One of these ideas may help you if I am understanding your issue.

Bryant