[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Wed Jan 26 08:55:23 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 9:04 AM, jon pounder wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 08:52 AM, Gilles wrote:
>
> If you like open source what are you doing running windows ?
>
> Getting anything to work properly there which does network
> communications is a huge PITA since every user has their own firewall
> and different settings etc etc etc.

Unless, of course, you properly implement Group Policies (which is
Windows Server only, IIRC, but still...)

On 01/26/2011 9:14 AM, Joel Maslak wrote:
 > I have asterisk call out to a shell script which sends a jabber
 > message to the user (along with links to any open tickets in our
 > ticketing system associated with that CID).  All free, but requires
 > work to build.

Ooh. I like this. Can you post a sample, or maybe a synopsis of what
pieces you are using to tie this all together?

To answer the OP's question about XMPP clients, Spark from Ignite
Realtime and Pandion are both good in my experience.

Tom