[asterisk-users] Problem registering two (and more) sip trunks

Luis Silva luis.silva at dreamware.pt
Tue Jan 25 12:13:48 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to register sip trunks.

I using asterisk 1.4.39.1, freepbx 2.5.2 in centos 5.5 and I'm trying to
configure several sip accounts from my provider. The accounts are
individually configured as sip trunks.

With only one account everything is ok,  it registers and I can make and
receive calls.

My problem is when I try to put more accounts, it seems to start well, both
accounts registers but the system "goes down". The trunks goes UNREACHABLE
and after a while all sip accounts also goes UNREACHABLE and if I reload
asterisk, the sip module takes a while to resume, but without result. I have
to disable one trunk and restart asterisk. (More trunks more problems.)

In the log they are several messages of the type:

NOTICE[31054] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for 'account1' timed out,
trying again (Attempt #28)

NOTICE[31054] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for ' account2' timed out,
trying again (Attempt #29)

NOTICE[31054] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for ' account1' timed out,
trying again (Attempt #29)

NOTICE[31054] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for 'account2' timed out,
trying again (Attempt #30)

NOTICE[31054] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for ' account1' timed out,
trying again (Attempt #30)

And with tcpdump it seems to me that the registrations attempts of the
accounts are not processed well (correct me if I'm wrong)

The asterisk sends two basic Register packets of the two accounts, the sip
server replies  with Unauthorized and with the www-authenticate field (this
is digest authentication right?)

But asterisk never replies this, it starts a new basic register. Shouldn't
be a digest authentication response?

Asterisk also sends Options packets  from unknown that are replied with
Forbidden.

It's possible to use more than one trunk to the same provider?

If yes can someone help me?

Regards

Luis Silva