[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian Lenny with timerfd

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 08:25:17 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Andrew Latham <lathama at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Thanks Dave. Sounds like a man who's not had his hand soaking in ivory
> > liquid and been through the toils and tortures of various upgrades over
> the
> > years. Very insightful though. Goof thing this discussion ensued as I am
> > learning a lot about what to be wary of not least of all, the truth about
> > "testing", RC and stable distribution. Which is why, despite eating
> humble
> > pie re: the RC vs Stable discussion, I was going to wait till the status
> on
> > RC changes to "stable" and maybe even help out a bit in the upgrade path
> > testing. Good thing is that I don't necessarily need to muck around with
> the
> > Production machines at the moment as all development is being done in the
> > Lab, and some of that is in VMs, so I have the power of snapshots with me
> > along with physical access to machines should anything break badly. The
> > production machines are sitting 10,000 miles away so the best I have is
> > console access to them.
> >
> > Speaking of in-place upgrades, does adding the Squeeze repo. in the
> > sources.lst conf and running 'aptitude safe-upgrade/full-upgrade'
> > automaticaly begins the upgrade or is there more to it? You mentioned
> about
> > backing up configs and data etc so it doesn't sound like it's that simple
> > eh?
> > --
>
> pretty easy... Lenny to Squeeze (5.0 to 6.0 for the mortals out there..)
>
> 1. aptitude update
> 2. aptitude upgrade
> 3. aptitude clean
> 4. sed -i 's/lenny/squeez/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
> 5. aptitude update
> 6. aptitude install apt dpkg aptitude
> 7. aptitude full-upgrade
> 8. aptitude clean
> 9. init 6
> 10. have a lovely beverage and relax... :)

1. A cold-stone creamery hot chocolate satchet (70 cal)
2. 2 tbps of fat free half-and half
3. 1 tbsp of instant coffee
4. 1.5 packet of splenda
5. Hot water

makes an amazingly cozy low-cal beverage esp. when it's snowing outside like
it is in NYC right now :)

Thanks for that How-To Andrew. Appreciate it. Will have this going on, on
one of the VMs with Lenny and keep up with both side by side to see if both
are equally stable before I put one of them in production.

Cheers,
\R